Short, simple words can convey so much meaning. In fact, concise, to-the-point sentences are often the most effective when it comes to getting a message across. No one ever remembers an entire speech or essay, they remember bold and basic snippets like “I have a dream.”
If you’re ever feeling down, stressed out or overwhelmed, it’s helpful to remember a short phrase or mantra that can uplift your spirits and remind you that everything’s going to be alright. Everyone has certain words or phrases that resonate with them more than others, and those are the ones that tend to stick with us and ground us during the tough times.
For example, I like to repeat “this too shall pass” to myself whenever I’m feeling lost or upset. I love that quote because it serves as a reminder of the fleeting and constantly evolving nature of life; nothing ever stays the same and problems always end up resolving themselves one way or another.
The power of words is truly awesome. Sometimes all it takes to uplift your mood is a few plain ones strung together. Take a look at my list of 10 short and sweet quotes to raise your spirits and alter your perspective.
1. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” -C.S. Lewis
2. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” -Nelson Mandela
3. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” -C.S. Lewis
4. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?” -Oscar Wilde
5. “It is only a thought and a thought can be changed.” -Louise L. Hay
6. “Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.” -Jack Kerouac
7. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” -T.S. Eliot
8. “Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves.” -Wilhelm Von Humboldt
9. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl
10. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” -William James
Which of these quotes resonates with you the most? Let me know in the comments!