I’ve always loved this change, and it makes me feel so grateful to live in a place where we get to experience a new season every few months. It makes things fresh and ever-changing, and in all honesty, I don’t know what I would do if I lived in a place with the same weather all year round!
The fall season always inspires feelings of coziness, renewal and just plain fun! No one is ever too old for a good pumpkin-carving session, chunky wool sweaters, or a long walk bathed in warm, orange light.
While I adore summer, there comes a time around late August when I’m ready to welcome the next season. I’m so eager to embrace the warm colours, the hot apple cider and the cool, fresh air of fall! Check out a few things on my fall to-do list:
1. Make a yummy-smelling simmer pot recipe to fill my home with the fragrances of fall! With the colder weather coming, it’s even more important to create a relaxing, pleasant atmosphere in your home. Bring the fall weather indoors with one of these scrumptious recipes full of ingredients like cinnamon, dried apple and orange.
2. Enjoy a hay ride. One of my most treasured memories from childhood is taking a hay ride around a family member’s cottage, marvelling at the bright hues of the trees and feeling the wind rustle through my hair. Getting cozy with blankets and sweaters while appreciating the beauty of nature is what fall is all about!
3. Go apple picking. I’ve been meaning to take a day-trip to one of the apple orchards around my city for so many years, and I’ve never gotten around to it. This is the year!
4. Go for a run in nature at least once a week. Fall is really the best time for going on long walks and runs because the summer is often too hot and sticky to be outside for too long. There’s nothing better than waking up early on a crisp fall morning and filling your lungs with the fresh air — I always end up feeling so good throughout the day!
5. Give thanks for all the blessings in my life. Thanksgiving is such a beautiful holiday filled with an abundance of good food, great company and laughs. There’s no better time to reflect and feel grateful than on a chilly fall day by the fire, and Thanksgiving presents the perfect opportunity to do this. I can’t wait to enjoy contemplative afternoons with the leaves crunching beneath my feet and a cozy scarf wrapped around my neck!
What’s on your fall bucket list? Let me know in the comments below!