Finding time to relax can be difficult, especially when your schedule is crammed and it’s a full-blown blizzard out! But there are definitely some super easy ways to bring more peace and quiet into your life and decrease stress levels.
Nobody wants stress in their life, and nobody in your life wants you to be stressed! It truly benefits everyone when you do things that make you happy and calm, and it doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. Below are some easy ways to chill out in minutes (or less!):
- Listen to soothing music. I love listening to meditation music or nature sounds through the speakers beside my bed. It can help you fall asleep or just calm down after a stressful day.
- Use lavender products. As you can see from the photo above, I adore the smell of lavender. Studies have shown that the smell of the flower decreases stress hormones in your body, and it can also help make your skin and lips smoother if it’s infused into a body lotion or lip balm.
- Drink herbal tea. One of my favourite things to do to relax is sip on a warm cup of chamomile or peppermint tea. It’s warm, tasty and good for you to boot!
- Light candles. The soft light of candle flames is super soothing and you can buy them in your favourite scents for double the relaxation!
- Breathe and meditate. I love to start my day by simply sitting and breathing deeply. It sets you up for a calm, collected mood, and it gets the oxygen and blood flowing early in the morning. When time permits, yoga classes in the morning are even better!
How do you like to relax? Let me know in the comments!