Every time Sunday comes around, I can’t help but feel a little blue. No matter what I’m doing the next day, the energy surrounding Sunday just seems to be inherently negative and, well, blah.
Recently, I’ve started putting in a little more effort on Sundays to heighten my mood and make the day more special. Self-care Sundays are so important for so many reasons, and I truly believe that everyone can benefit from a little TLC at least once a week. There are a few Sunday rituals I’ve adopted like restorative yoga, baths and mini-spa treatments, and below are the things I use to carry them out:
- iHome speakers. My boyfriend recently gifted me with these amazing speakers for my birthday. They change colour along with the beat of the song, and I love playing soft nature sounds or guided meditations on them and watching the colour morph slowly from blue to green and so on.
- A journal. There are so many different ways to use a journal depending on your personality, but whichever way you choose, it’s sure to be a therapeutic and cathartic experience. I like using mine to write just one line a day about what I’m grateful for. This way, I know I’ll keep up the habit because it’s so little work, and it reminds me of how amazing my life really is.
- Saje Wellness Aroma Gem Nebulizer. My boyfriend also gifted me with this awesome little gadget (I know, he knows what’s up in the gift department!). I love putting it on while I’m doing yoga or reading to infuse the air with a delightful smell and an aura of peace.
- Candles! What would self-care Sunday be without candles? I like using lavender-scented ones while I’m in the bath.
- L’Occitane lavender products. As most of you probably already know, I’m obsessed with lavender because of its calming, soothing effects, and I think L’Occitane makes some of the best products out there. My faves include their hand cream and bubble bath.
What do you like to do on self-care Sundays?