Thanksgiving is such a special time of year. As autumn blooms, there’s a chill in the air and the fall foliage comes out in all its vibrant glory. The flower shops put colourful mums and mini pumpkins out on display, and the smell of bonfires, fresh air, and delicious food fills the air.
While these beautiful sights, sounds and smells are definitely some of the best things about this long weekend, there’s nothing like coming together with friends and family to relax, converse, and share in the bounty of fall. I also find that Thanksgiving weekend is one of the best times of the year to go for long walks and reflect on all that you’re thankful for, and all the beauty that has touched your life throughout the year.
In honour of one of the best weekends of the year, here are the five things I’m feeling most grateful for:
1. My health. This past year has been a complete whirlwind health-wise for me, and I can’t believe how lucky I am to be in vibrant health and great shape after a serious diagnosis like type one diabetes. Since last December, I’ve completely overhauled my diet, completed a 200 hour yoga certification, joined an amazing new gym, and most importantly, I’ve turned my focus inwards to find out what’s most important to me. I’ve made my health a priority, and I’m so immensely grateful to have a breathing, working, moving body.
2. Family and friends. What would life be without the people who matter most to us? There’s no use having abundance, health and happiness if there’s no one to share it with! I’m feeling so grateful for my loving and supportive crew of friends and family, and all the important people in my life who I have yet to meet.
3. My home. Not only am I so blessed to live in a beautiful house with my family, but I truly believe that Canada is the greatest place to live in the world. I’m feeling so thankful for this beautiful country, and the fact that no matter how often I travel, I will always have a place to call home.
4. Nature. If you saw yesterday’s post, you’ll know that I’m really taking the time this weekend to spend time outdoors and connect with the beauty of the earth, and I feel so lucky to be able to do this. The fall foliage, the tall trees, the blue sky and bright sun; it’s all so awe-inspiring and beautiful!
5. Creativity. I feel so blessed to have multiple outlets through which I can speak my mind, reflect on life, share beauty, and simply enjoy the act of having created something that wasn’t there before. This past year, I’ve been engaging in creative acts like writing, blogging, and even shaping my destiny through my decisions. I’m so excited to see what else I can create in the future!
What are you grateful for this weekend? Let me know in the comments!
Did you like this post? Feel free to share it with your friends and family on social!